Moët Society Dinner: Jimmie Akinsola’s Birthday
Notes from Bilquis:
I created a matte skin finish look with clean eyes and a bold red lip to complement Oreka’s hair and outfit.
To achieve this look:
- I used the Olay complete moisturizer all over the face to create a flawless and nourished base.
- I went over that with a moisturizing face primer to allow the makeup last long
- Proceeded to use her foundation all over the face to create an even skin tone and then went on over to use concealers to highlight and contour the face to accentuate and define the facial structure
- I used the Sacha buttercup loose setting powder to set the highlighted areas and a dark powder to set the contoured areas of the face
- I then went ahead to set the whole face with a compact powder in her exact skin tone. Added some warmth to her face with a brown blush.
- For the eyes, I pressed a matte brown eyeshadow into the lid and blended out any harsh lines with a blending brush. Finished the eye look with a simply winged black liner and mascara
- To finish the look, I used a ruby red liquid lip stain and made sure to line the lips with the same lip stain in order to keep the color in the same hue.
- Sprayed the face with the Nyx matte setting spray to give that matte finish and also ensure that the makeup lasted all night.
For the first look ( low tucked bun )- You’d need a styling gel ( will recommend gorilla snot gel , a comb scarf ,bristle brush , a lot of bobby pins lol and 1 and half pack of Marley hair extensions . After ensuring your natural hair is properly moisturized, create a center parting and pack your hair into a sleek bun using the hair gel . Tie a scarf and wait for a while ! Once you feel like your hair is sleek enough you can attach your Marley hair using your bobby pins and tuck the ends . Viola you’re done !!! For the second look ( Low ponytail )you’d need the following things basically but after you pack your hair into a bun , you attach the marley hair based on the volume of ponytail you wish to achieve . Once you feel you have the desired volume trim the ends and it’s a wrap .